[Building Sakai] Leap2A import/export

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Sun May 30 12:51:26 PDT 2010

Hello,

I live and work in the state of New Hampshire, and we have several K-12
schools (and some universities) in our state that are using Sakai for
portfolios, and several others that are using Mahara.

It would be really great if we could move portfolio contents from system to
system without losing metadata -- is there anyone interested in implementing
(or using) Leap2A with Sakai? Leap2A is a specification for portfolio
interoperability, and Mahara already supports it. See
http://wiki.cetis.ac.uk/LEAP2A_specification for more info and the spec.

I haven't touched Java since college, so I'm interested in finding someone
else who might be interested in doing this work, and I'm also interested in
finding funding to pay for it. If you have any general interest in seeing
this happen, or if you can point me to a developer or any funding to make
this happen, I'd love to hear about it.

Regards,
Matt

--