[Building Sakai] Floating Chat in Portal

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sun May 30 15:54:14 PDT 2010

The chat I will be working on will be very similar to the one you've seen already. It will be a patch to portal to provide the markup, and then some components to setup the ActiveMQ messaging broker. The UI will be a little different. Initially, you'll be able to chat with your connections (which come from the Profile2 entity provider).

I see two extensions:

1. allow a click from a user in presence to trigger a chat.
2. detect what site you are in and load that site's participant list so you can chat with people there.

cheers,