[Building Sakai] 2.8 potential scope

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 25 06:22:00 PDT 2010

A big +1 from me on this one.

| Deprecations: a number of items were raised by the maintenance team
| earlier this year, and that list should probably be refreshed and
| considered.

I heard a horrible rumour that 'Search' was on the hit list for removal. I wouldn't agree with this at all. We've been running it for 2 years now with very few problems and a huge number of benefits.

Where does one find this list?

| New tools: the leading candidate right now seems to be assignment 2,
| but there are open questions about its timeline and we'd have to think
| through implications for what happens with the legacy assignments
| tool. OpenSyllabus may be another, but I don't have a recent update on
| its status.

Assignments2: It may just be me but I don't really understand the implications of doing this - what do we gain and what do we lose?

Adam