[Building Sakai] $Catalina_Home

Hassan hassan at comcast.net
Tue May 18 12:06:17 PDT 2010

How can I deploy Sakai into Tomcat?  According to the confluence, it states
that I can download the archive into $CATALINA_HOME and then unpack the
archive. Then start up Tomcat by running the Tomcat start up script in
$CATALINA_HOME/bin.  Just doesn't seem to make very much sense to me, am I
supposed to allocate a folder under tomcat, or set the environment variables
and include $CATALINA_HOME and add a path extension?

Currently I'm running this development on Windows Vista 64 bit machine.
Thanks