[Building Sakai] $Catalina_Home

Mathieu Cantin mathieu.cantin at hec.ca
Tue May 18 12:58:49 PDT 2010

Hi Hassan,

You should define this variable in your Windows global environment
variables :
CATALINA_HOME
with a value similar to this one (path to your tomcat) : D:\opt\tomcat.

Then add %CATALINA_HOME%\bin to the "path" global variable
(%CATALINA_HOME% is for Windows systems and $CATALINA_HOME is for Linux
systems).

Don't forget to reload your Command prompt window.

Now everything under your <tomcat_dir>\bin is available from the command
prompt.  You can now start tomcat with this command : catalina run

Regards,

Mathieu Cantin