[Building Sakai] Deploy search into a smaller build?

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 31 12:04:20 PDT 2010

On 31 March 2010 15:51, Matthew Buckett <matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 31 March 2010 14:49, David Horwitz <david.horwitz at uct.ac.za> wrote:
>> There a couple of ways of doing this:
>>
>> 1) Grab the search code and do a mvn clean install sakai:deploy - all
>> the deploy targets are all there
>
> At the moment there are quite a few services deploy as overlays
> (search, common, edu-services, emailtemplateservice, job scheduller).
> Discovering which artifact is needed and where it normally comes from,
> checking out the source, building it and deploying it isn't a quick 2
> minute job.

Is there any mileage in having a project which references the
independent release project externals so I can do a:

svn co https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai-indi/branches/2.6.x

which has externals pointing to the independent releases?

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services