[Building Sakai] Why Sakai is so called? Any story behind?

fstkhv at umac.mo fstkhv at umac.mo
Mon Mar 22 07:20:57 PDT 2010

Dear Sakai Community,

I am writing to seek help in understanding why Sakai is so called. My
colleagues and I are interested in knowing any story behind calling Sakai
as it is. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Oh, indeed, we are
planning to test-drive Sakai as our e-Learning platform to explore the
practice of outcomes-based assessment in our general education program. We
are also excited to observe so much new ideas in Sakai 3.0.

Sincerely,

Kam

Kam H. Vat (Mr)
University of Macau, Macau
Center for Teaching and Learning Enhancement