[Building Sakai] Why Sakai is so called? Any story behind?

csev csev at umich.edu
Mon Mar 22 07:35:04 PDT 2010

The Sakai project was named after this person:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Sakai
http://www.hotelsbycity.net/images/blog/hiroyuki_sakai.jpg

If you look in the WikiPedia entry at the bottom - you see the reference to the Sakai project.  :)

While you are pursuing fun details about Sakai to help you better understand it, you should take a look at this web site as well:

http://www.sakaiger.com/

It speaks of the legend and history of the Sakaiger.  Of course that brings up a question as to why there is no WikiPedia entry about the Sakaiger... Hmmm.

There is a "Sakaiger Dance" that is loosely based on a relative of the Sakaiger called the "Kenya Tiger":

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/kenya/

Hope this helps with your analysis :)

/Chuck