[Building Sakai] Sakai tool installer

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Tue Mar 23 06:10:31 PDT 2010

+1

Some sort of text file or small embedded database to track this would be
great.

It would be nice to add some of this to the sakai:deploy/sakai:undeploy
maven plugin (we could even look at using the groovy or jruby maven2
support to get it done nicely).

The sakai:(un)deploy plugin could also read this database.  And it could
warn you if you're trying to build and install something that has a
conflicting version in components or shared/lib already, and ask you to
unistall them first, etc etc.

In addition to Matt's big list this sounds like an awesome BOF.  ( it
would also be cool to explore making debian or rpm packages etc for Sakai ).

-Steve