[Building Sakai] Does Sakai use their own specific repository?

Amyas Phillips amyas at caret.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 16 06:40:32 PDT 2010

Hi Subash,

Ian would be mentoring this project but I'll jump in.

It sounds like you've got a pretty good understanding of the idea. I
wouldn't go in expecting to outdo Yahoo Pipes, but to implement a
feature set focused on ease of use and a few specific and valuable use
cases.

In terms of project selection, it all depends on what applicants we
get for which projects.  Provided Google accepts Sakai as a GSoC
mentor organisation again, then we will be allocated two or three
students, who we then have to choose by rating everyone's applications
in terms of how strong each application is in the context of its
particular project.  All our project ideas have a realistic chance of
selection, so you should go ahead and apply for the ones which
interest you most.

Amyas