[Building Sakai] Keeping accounts, sites and other things on 3akai.sakaiproject.org

Christian Vuerings vueringschristian at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 04:00:27 PDT 2010

Jean-François had a good question in SAKIII-29 [1] which I think would be useful for everyone:

> 3akai.sakaiproject.org was down and when it was up again, my account was lost. Is there a way to keep accounts?

AFAIK there is a way to keep accounts, but we just don't do it yet.
We could keep the accounts, the sites, the messages and all the other data that is in JCR by simply not deleting the jackrabbit folder.
The main reason we don't do this yet is because the format and location of files/folders are still changing (both in back and front-end).

As soon as we do have a stable way of doing this, I do suggest we keep that information on 3akai.sakaiproject.org.

Regards,
Christian

[1] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAKIII-29