[Building Sakai] Sakai Redirect URL problem

Tania Tritean tratiu at loi.nl
Mon Mar 15 01:13:43 PDT 2010

Hi all,

First I will describe our environment and then I will present you what
problem we have.

We user Sakai 2.5.3 on Tomcat 5.5.

The configuration is like this starting from the request made by a
client to the Tomcat Server:

1.	We have a fire wall that allow to pass only HTTPS requests;
2.	From the Firewall the request is sent to a LOAD BALACER(with 2
nodes) using HTTP and port 80;
3.	The request is forwarded to APACHE using HTTP on port 80;
4.	From APACHE is forwarded to Sakai Tomcat which runs on HTTP port
8080.

The Tomcat Connector is this one:

               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"

               enableLookups="false" acceptCount="100" scheme="https"
secure="false"

               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
address="flex-prd.loi.local" URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

In sakai.properties we added next settings:

serverUrl=https://toetsen.loi.nl - which is the firewall

force.url.secure=443

We use next projects:

- mneme-1.2

- gradebook

- a sakai-wicket project that is build like profile2- 1.2.1 project

Now the project mneme works ok but the other 2 projects aren't working.

For the ones that are not working, after the redirect is added a port:

-         before redirect:
https://toetsen.loi.nl/portal/tool/a7ccece9-9e7c-4d23-86cb-09d6402b0d8e?
panel=Main

-         after the redirect:
https://toetsen.loi.nl:80/portal/tool/a7ccece9-9e7c-4d23-86cb-09d6402b0d
8e/?panel=Main

For mneme project the links looks like this:

-         before redirect:
https://toetsen.loi.nl/portal/tool/ded0b6ab-4bf6-4b25-9b0f-1b27a9499858?
panel=Main

-         after the redirect:
https://toetsen.loi.nl/portal/tool/ded0b6ab-4bf6-4b25-9b0f-1b27a9499858/
assessments

Has anyone had this problem before or can give us some ideas/support ?

Regards,

Tania