[Building Sakai] Same Wiki help across sites

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Mon Mar 8 04:49:19 PST 2010

Hi, Matthew. A few months ago, we changed all the wiki's help pages to
be the same. Our steps were:

1) Change the file PrepopulatePages.properties to have the right
template, in order to have it in the new created wikis.

2) Launching the SQL sentence:

update rwikicurrentcontent set content= 'Text of the wiki page"
        where rwikiid = any (select distinct id from rwikiobject where
name like '%edit_right%')

so we changed all the existing help pages for our own page.

The step 2 was really quite much hard. As the content field must have
the text with the wiki format, is a text very hard to replicate, so we
created a new wiki, copied the generated help from the database field in
a temporary table (because Mysql doesn't allow an update of a table with
a subquery on the same table) and updated all the fields with that value.

I hope it helps, if you need a more detailed explanation, just tell me.

Best regards.

--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Un egoísta es aquel que se empeña en hablarte de sí mismo cuando tú te
estas muriendo de ganas de hablarle de ti. (Jean Cocteau)