[Building Sakai] Same Wiki help across sites

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 8 04:36:16 PST 2010

On 5 March 2010 17:06, Matthew Buckett <matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Has anyone had a look at providing the same wiki help page across
> sites? At the moment I think the wiki help is copied from a master
> template when the wiki tool is created, this makes it tricky to update
> everyones help and can lead to people have outdated help.

I've had a little look at this and it seems that when a site is first
looked the templates are pre-populated.

uk.ac.cam.caret.sakai.rwiki.tool.service.impl.PopulateServiceImpl

Is there any reason why I couldn't switch this so that no
pre-population happens but when a page is requested that normally is
pre-populated it gets loaded from the bundle/or somewhere else and
only saved to the rwikiobjects table if it is modified.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services