[Building Sakai] one question about Sakai development and management

Hugo Jacobs hjacobs at loi.nl
Fri Jun 25 08:21:31 PDT 2010

Hi Longfei,

If you make a slow start/pilot the risk's are a bit easier to manage.

Here at LOI (Netherlands) we started with three people, an analist, a developer and a programmer  to have a portfolio. The main work for us was to ty in with the back-end administrative systems and LDAP user-provider. But these could be considered nice-to-haves if you don't expect to scale up in a short time.

Looking back on the last three years with Sakai, we are very happy with the slow start. It offered our organization time to get familiar with the system and build confidence to make the decision for a large scale rollout in our higher-Ed programmes

Good luck with your plans,

Cheers Hugo
[cid:image001.gif at 01CB148A.DA7CB780]

Hugo Jacobs