[Building Sakai] Breeze Link

Paul Gibbs pgibbsjr at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 06:48:31 PDT 2010

I received a message a couple days ago from the Breeze/Connect Pro tool's
manager, Aaron Zeckoski. He's not sure, either. They have never tried
configuring the tool with the hosted service.

Charles--when you built the tool (or were commissioned to build it), do you
recall whether that was after someone (maybe you?) installed and attempted
to use the Breeze/Connect Pro tool and discovered it wouldn't work? I am
wondering what the main problem was (e.g., requiring the prof to log in
first, or configuration of the admin name/password).

I like the Rutgers tool and the way it was developed with Connect Pro
specifically in mind, but my understanding is that it isn't connected with
the Schedule/Calendar tool. We would really like something that integrates
with the scheduling tool (1) to make it easier for the prof to set up the
semester's schedule and (2) to allow students to simply click a link in
their Calendar and be entered directly into a meeting. Unfortunately, we
don't have the programming resources to develop the tool in this way. The
Breeze/Connect Pro tool already has those connections.

Paul Gibbs
Lansdale, Pennsylvania