[Building Sakai] Project Coordination meetings

Clay Fenlason clay.fenlason at et.gatech.edu
Wed Jun 9 14:52:31 PDT 2010

Although travel schedules are well set by this point, one final
reminder of the project coordination meetings [1] bookending the
conference, including draft guidelines:

* Things don't get decided at the project coordination meetings, they
get worked up into proposals to go on-list. No one should feel that
they have to attend a particular project coordination session in order
to have a voice on a given topic. We just use the sessions to make
rapid, f2f progress toward concrete proposals that include a diversity
of perspectives. They are not the last word.
* The sessions are meant to be working meetings that make progress
toward some practical consensus. Debate that is not leading that
direction may be tabled or directed elsewhere.
* In order to keep the sessions productive, a certain baseline of
familiarity with Sakai and its processes - the kind possessed by those
active in Sakai development and its release processes - is assumed.
Those new to Sakai may find it hard to follow along, and other
sessions throughout the conference (especially the orientation
sessions on Monday) may be more appropriate.

~Clay

[1] http://confluence.sakaiproject.org//x/rgQhB