[Building Sakai] Breeze Link

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco at setival.com
Mon Jun 14 00:29:55 PDT 2010

Hi Sean:

I think breeze is very old and don't allows you connect Sakai 2.6 with a new
Adobe connect version.

We at Samoo (www.samoo.es... sorry is in spanish), with the sponsorship of 5
Spanish universities (UPV, UDL, UPNA, UM, UCAM) are developing a Sakai
(2.6-2.7)-Adobe connect (7.5) integration tool. We are not using breeze tool
because we want a more webconference independent tool, and we don't like the
way Live virtual classroom does because it seems for us to have a very
"Elluminate related" functional design, so as we have to integrate
Openmeetings, Spontania (for other Spanish university with Sakai) and maybe
(this is not sure yet) Livemeeting for a big Spanish banking school too in
next months, we are designing and creating our own new one tool that allows
us to reuse most code if possible between projects.

Adobe and Openmeetings solutions will be delivered to community in the
second half of 2010. If you can wait, I recommend it to you, if not, maybe
helping us process should be faster.

Diego del Blanco Orobitg
diego.delblanco at samoo.es
diego.delblanco at setival.com