[Building Sakai] How to Disabled LDAP Authentication in SAKAI 2.5

Ishtiaq Ahmad organic.ishtiaq at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:42:10 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am using sakai 2.5 and using active directory for authentication.
This is working fine for user authentication but taking too long for opening
sites.. specially *Site Info* and *Roster *tool while displaying site
members.

Can any body tell me what could be the problem. There is exception in the
tomcat log file.. like *Time out*.. But when i ping the active directory
machine from the same server where sakai is installed then no time out
occurs...

Also let me know how can I disable the LDAP authenticate and I am interested
in creating users in Sakai's own database and want to use sakai's own user
authentication.

For configuring LDAP I used the following document
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/~steve.swinsburg/LDAP+in+Sakai+2.5

I'll be very thankful to you.

Ishtiaq Ahmad