[Building Sakai] Sakai Patch Problem Under Windows Environment

Jigar Joshi jigarjm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 06:28:50 PDT 2010

It worked with 1st option and running from samigo directory.

i got output as follows. is it done , let me confirm.
*
*
*C:\Documents and Settings\argus\My
Documents\NetBeansProjects\Sakai\sakai-src-2.*
*7.0\Samigo>patch -p0  < d:\samlite.patch*
*patching file
samigo-api/src/java/xml/xsl/dataTransform/import/v1p2/extractItem.*
*xsl*
*Hunk #1 FAILED at 127.*
*1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
samigo-api/src/java/xml/xsl/dat*
*aTransform/import/v1p2/extractItem.xsl.rej*
*patching file
samigo-services/src/java/org/sakaiproject/tool/assessment/facade/A*
*ssessmentFacadeQueriesAPI.java*
*patching file
samigo-services/src/java/org/sakaiproject/tool/assessment/facade/A*
*ssessmentFacadeQueries.java*
*patching file
samigo-services/src/java/org/sakaiproject/tool/assessment/services*
*/assessment/AssessmentService.java*
*patching file
samigo-qti/src/java/org/sakaiproject/tool/assessment/services/qti/*
*QTIService.java*
*Hunk #1 succeeded at 70 (offset 3 lines).*
*patching file
samigo-qti/src/java/org/sakaiproject/tool/assessment/qti/helper/Au*
*thoringHelper.java*
*Hunk #1 succeeded at 494 with fuzz 2 (offset 21 lines).*
*Hunk #2 succeeded at 516 with fuzz 2 (offset 21 lines).*
*
*

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Matthew Jones <jonespm at umich.edu> wrote:

> This is because of unix (LF) line endings, most of the windows patch
> programs have a problem with them. [1]
>
> You can either:
> 1) "Open the file with WORDPAD, choose "Save as" and select as type Text
> document."
> 2) Use this dos command, filling in the new and old file names (I think
> they have to be different): [2]
>

> TYPE unix_file | FIND "" /V > dos_file
>
> [1] http://drupal.org/node/60116
> [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_endings#Conversion_utilities
>
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Jigar Joshi <jigarjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well just to try i have applied from samigo directory also,
>> but it shows
>>
>> *7.0\Samigo>patch -p0  < d:\samlite.patch*
>> *patching file
>> samigo-api/src/java/xml/xsl/dataTransform/import/v1p2/extractItem.*
>> *xsl*
>> *Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354*
>> *
>> *
>> *This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
>> way.*
>> *Please contact the application's support team for more information.*
>> *
>> *
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 4:26 AM, Steve Swinsburg <
>> steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Jigar, as discussed off-list, this particular patch needs to be applied
>>> from *within* the samigo source directory. If you open the patch file you'll
>>> see on the first line where it will be applied from.
>>>
>>> It patches fine for me with a 2.7 samigo checkout on a Mac, I believe the
>>> issue is in the Windows patch command.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Steve
>>>

>>> On 23/07/2010, at 4:12 AM, Karen Tsao wrote:
>>>
>>> I think you patch from the wrong directory. Can you go into sam and try
>>> again?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Karen

>> --