[Building Sakai] Video conferencing

Pablo Sotomayor pablo at sotomayor.com.br
Thu Jul 22 14:21:56 PDT 2010

There is a opensource project called BigBlueButton (www.bigbluebutton.org) and they made it all open source. Its looks like adobe connect and can be integrated with other web applications like sakai, moodle, drupal, etc. They just set a foundation, like sakai foundation.

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BBB/Home

I acctually made a virtual machine, with both sakai and bbb using the same tomcat6 version.
Im starting to provide open source assitance services and i made a demo-server for sakai + bbb.
I didnt set a domain yet, but it running at a hosted server.

http://190.120.231.200:8181/

Login: demo
Pass: demo

This demo user has "maintainer" privileges in a demo course called "Algebra Linear II".
There is a "Meetings" page enabled, where you can manage the webconference sessions.

regards,

Pablo