[Building Sakai] How to redirect everything through a Filter

Joshua Swink joshua.swink at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 17:28:07 PDT 2010

I'd like to install a filter to intercept all incoming requests, to be
able to measure response times and performance. I have installed a
filter and it loads, but no requests are sent to it.

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>LogFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

With the above filter-mapping, the filter never gets any requests sent
through it. I assume this is because of the way Sakai already handles
filter-mapping and servlet-mapping.

Anyone have an idea how a filter can be installed into Sakai to
receive all requests first?

--
Joshua Swink
UC Merced