[Building Sakai] release 1 SP1 of Lesson Builder

Hedrick Charles hedrick at rutgers.edu
Thu Dec 30 07:06:39 PST 2010

I'm about to branch Lesson Builder, because I think RC3 is really close to final. I've tried out everything to catch any last-minute regressions, and I think things are OK.

So that opens me to doing things in trunk. If anyone wants to implement Lesson Builder but can't because you're using tools we don't support, I'd be happy to prioritize fixing the problem. Currently I assume you have the following:

* assignments
* samigo
* jforum or message center (or both)

I assume the issue at Miichigan is Mneme. I have Mneme installed in my development system, and I'm prepared to support it. The main reason this is complex is that I have to retrofit the plugin approach to Samigo, which wasn't originally done that way, but that's still only a one-day project.

Are there other things stopping you?

I don't think building is going to be an issue. The pom file will cause mvn to pull in the binaries of anything you're not using in production. So it should build OK. It should run, because you'd configure the XML files not to use the plugins for the things you don't actually have. You might end up with an unnecessary jar file in Lesson Builder's lib, but that doesn't seem like a big deal.