[Building Sakai] release 1 SP1 of Lesson Builder

csev csev at umich.edu
Wed Dec 22 12:29:08 PST 2010

Jim,

I think that we can come up with an elegant way to soft-wire these without requiring extremely ugly pom wiring.

I think that the path to soft-wiring is EntityBroker and it is why we need to put EB into kernel so we can get to the point where we are comfortable expecting virtually every tool to implement some EB capabilities that export lists of fine-graned launch able resources.

I would not be surprised if as we push more and more through EB - we may find the need to tweak EB.

I think that the best way to think of the roadmap is to allow CHuck H to get it into production at Rutgers, get some real experience, react to performance and usability issues that come up in production and then after a few months take a look at making it plug into Sakai more elegantly and have the rest of Sakai plug into it more elegantly.

But we do need to let it run at Rutgers for a while because real production experience on emerging software is *very precious* for the long-temr quality of that software.

/Chuck