[Building Sakai] Sub-site Schedules

Jaques Smith jaques at psybergate.co.za
Wed Dec 8 23:20:52 PST 2010

Hi all,

We want to make a change to the Schedule/Calender tool. Just want to hear if this would interest anybody else.

So currently a user can merge a child site (or sub-site) schedule to the parent site if the user is a member of both and has maintain rights on the parent. If any user (member of both sites) then log into the parent site that user sees both schedules. But if a user that is only a member of the parent site log in he/she will only see the parent schedule and not the child site schedule.

We are going to change our code so that all users of the parent site can see all merged schedules from child sites, whether they are members of the child site or not.

Please let me know if anybody would be interested in something like this and feel free to make comments and suggestions.

Jaques