[Building Sakai] Upgrade Pluto version to 1.1.7 for Sakai 2.8 - SAK-19011

csev csev at umich.edu
Mon Aug 23 21:01:44 PDT 2010

On Aug 23, 2010, at 10:06 AM, Mustansar Mehmood wrote:

>               Well I do understand the complexities of upgrading to pluto 2.0.x as it may break some stuff. And this may not be the best time to make this upgrade happen.On the other hand it may be necessary to move to 1.1.7 before leaping towards 2.0.x

Yes - we can take the first step now and see what use cases arise.

> As far as calling one tool from another tool is concerned JSR 268 is a little help directly as sakai perhaps moved away from JSR168 to adapt AJAX for helpers and gadgets.
> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Helpers+and+Gadgets+within+Sakai

Of course - this document talks about the problem and in a sense talks of several possible "to-be-invented" solutions that meet the use cases but are not really a standard beyond the Sakai world.

But sometimes you need to invent something yourself to meet the use cases.

/Chuck