[Building Sakai] Upgrade Pluto version to 1.1.7 for Sakai 2.8 - SAK-19011

Mustansar Mehmood mustansar at rice.edu
Mon Aug 23 07:06:36 PDT 2010

  Hi Chuck,
               Well I do understand the complexities of upgrading to
pluto 2.0.x as it may break some stuff. And this may not be the best
time to make this upgrade happen.On the other hand it may be necessary
to move to 1.1.7 before leaping towards 2.0.x However the upgrade
  will introduce a lot of AJAX related features as well as Java 5
features as well.
Sakai has a lot of pending upgrades like tomcat spring and jUnit(I think
jUnit is partially done I have seen some poms here and there with jUnit
3.x), some of them may get a better course of upgrade because of.
As far as calling one tool from another tool is concerned JSR 268 is a
little help directly as sakai perhaps moved away from JSR168 to adapt
AJAX for helpers and gadgets.
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Helpers+and+Gadgets+within+Sakai

Thanks,
Mustansar

--
Mustansar Mehmood
Educational System Developer&  Integrator

Information Technology
6100 Main St. MS 119
Houston Texas 77005

Phone:(713)348-2523
Fax  :(713)348 6099
email:mustansar at rice.edu

I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when,you  looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     -- Poul Anderson