[Building Sakai] synchronize ldap with sakai [Scanned]

John Norman john at caret.cam.ac.uk
Sat Aug 7 00:56:25 PDT 2010

I agree that this is better than two independent places to maintain your user information, but I saw a recent variation that I liked. It was for a Facebook app and it linked to a business system that also maintained user data. Since the owners of the system could not control what was done in Facebook and didn't want to rely on Facebook data and Facebook did not allow for synchronisation in the way you describe below, the system still maintained independent user data but used Facebook APIs to see when the data varied between the systems. It issued a dismissable notification of data variation when a difference was found.

I thought it was a neat solution.

John