[Building Sakai] question about UsageSessionServiceAdaptor refreshUser call

Fischbein, Scott A. sfischbein at ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 14 10:51:15 PDT 2010

Can anyone tell me the purpose of this CM related call in UsageSessionServiceAdaptor, around line 472:

authzGroupService().refreshUser(authn.getUid());

We're trying to track down some performance issues during login under heavy load, and as far as I can tell, disabling this call speeds up the login process significantly, but doesn't seem to have any effect from the user's perspective (ie: sites/tabs still populated, etc.)

I haven't been able to identify any negative side effects of disabling this method call during initial login, but I wanted to check and see if anyone could provide more information before proceeding.

Thanks,
Scott
UC Davis Vet School