[Building Sakai] Deploying Sakai: override kernel classes

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Mon Apr 12 04:20:26 PDT 2010

Hi Sonette!

What we do to have a customized kernel code is to checkout a kernel
tag/branch on to the sakai source folder - this way you can modify kernel
source code before compiling/deploying.

Be sure to:

   - remove/comment "<module>kernel-deploy</module>" from the "full" profile
   in ./pom.xml
   - add "<module>kernel</module>" to the "full" profile in ./pom.xml
   - check that version from ./kernel/pom.xml matches the one in specified
   on the property " <sakai.kernel.version>" in ./master/pom.xml

Hope it helps,
Nuno

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Yzelle, Sonette <SYzelle at unisa.ac.za>wrote:

>  This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a
> disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full
> details.
>  ------------------------------
>
>  Hi,
>

> Can someone please assist?
>

> We are upgrading from Sakai 2.5.4 to Sakai 2.6.
>
> Now with certain components that was moved to the kernel we are
> experiencing some problems.
>
> Let me explain.  In version 2.5.4 we had certain classes that we copied
> over the standard Sakai classes to meet our needs (for example db and event
> classes).  We copied all those files in our build.sh before we deployed
> Sakai.  Now with the classes being in a zipped file and being extracted
> during deployment it is going to be difficult for us the override the
> standard Sakai classes.  Are there any ideas how we can copy these files or
> actually where/when will be a good place/time to copy these files?
>

> Help will really be appreciated.
>

> Regards
>
> Sonette
>

> Sonette Yzelle
>
> Analyst Developer
>
> ICT
>
> UNISA
>
> South Africa
>
> email: syzelle at unisa.ac.za

Nuno Fernandes  .  { Analyst/Programmer }

|| web  . { http://www.ufp.pt  |  http://tinyurl.com/nfgrilo  |  follow_me @
nfgrilo }
|| work . { Universidade Fernando Pessoa  |  Praça 9 de Abril, 349  |
 4249-004 Porto }