[Building Sakai] unnecessary POM changes

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri Apr 2 08:23:50 PDT 2010

Rutgers is about finished producing a local version of 2.7. We use several contrib and local tools. Most of the time spent moving to 2.7 has been unscrambling changes to POM files that seem completely unnecessary. group names and artifact names have been changed by adding or deleting sakai-, and other changes that have no obvious functional purpose. The changes are easy, but finding them in a package with which you aren't familiar can take a while. I'd like to ask developers not to make changes that will break POM files unless there's a really good reason.