[Building Sakai] unnecessary POM changes

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 07:11:20 PDT 2010

Hi Charles,

Many of these changes have been made to projects which are now on an independent release cycle (Profile2, Site Stats, Message Centre, Samigo et al). The POM changes were made to bring the repository into line with the Maven coordinate naming conventions:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-naming-conventions.html
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Maven_Coordinates

These changes mean that the artifacts are now all grouped together in the repository. See also:
http://steve-on-sakai.blogspot.com/2009/10/binary-deployment-of-your-sakai-tool.html

In addition, a number of service API's have been bundled together into framework packages, in order to rationalise the dependency tree: Common (SakaiPerson, Archive, Privacy etc) and Edu-Services (CourseManagement, Gradebook, Sections). This was announced in October 2009:
http://n2.nabble.com/2-7-Framework-commons-and-edu-servise-1-0-0-beta01-released-td3834287.html

cheers,
Steve