[Building Sakai] Moodle export/import suitability for Sakai 3

Speelmon, Lance Day lance at indiana.edu
Thu Sep 17 08:18:11 PDT 2009

Mark,

That was the conclusion I was reaching as well, but I did not want to be the first person to say it.  :)  I agree that their course backup format looks way too specific to the Moodle data model.  While they do have a more reasonable format for test and quiz questions, that does not go very far towards helping us with a complete transition (i.e. export from Sakai 2, import to Sakai 3).  http://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_XML

<http://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_XML>*(Thinking out loud warning)* - If we chose to go down the IMS-CP or IMS-CC path, would we not be looking at a serious profile (i.e. deviation) from the standards?  And if the deviation is extensive, then are they a good starting point?  I have no strong opinion on the matter and would like to hear what you and others think.  Thanks, L

Lance Speelmon
Scholarly Technologist