[Building Sakai] Site Tool Null Pointer Exception @ Site Info -> Edit Tools menu Sakai 2.6

Charlie Macchia cmacchia at BrainOVision.com
Sat Sep 12 21:18:36 PDT 2009

Is it just me?

In Sakai 2.6,  when I click on Site Info -> Edit Tools menu, nothing happens
in the UI;

Odd, so I check the logs ­ I noticed a null pointer exception failing loudly

Here¹s the stack

2009-09-12 23:07:17,989  WARN TP-Processor33
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction - Exception calling
method doMenu_edit_site_tools java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
(Caused by java.lang.NullPointerException)
    at
)
    at
.java:25)

What¹s especially odd is that in some sites, sometimes I have no problems,
in other sites, it does the above.

Running Sakai 2.6 after an upgrade from 2.5 ( ran all the necessary SQL
scripts, they at least seemed to work fine ) it¹s on a very cute little Mac
Mini, running OSX 10.5.8, with MySQL 5.0.67 ( 32bit ); never had this issue
in Sakai 2.5

Anybody else seen this?

Regards,
Charlie