[Building Sakai] Site Tool Null Pointer Exception @ Site Info -> Edit Tools menu Sakai 2.6

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Sat Sep 12 21:24:15 PDT 2009

Charlie:

Could you please double check whether there is a synoptic discussion tool
in those sites with the NPE? And if remove that synoptic discussion tool
would solve the problem?

Synoptic discussion tool is no longer in 2.6 release.

Thanks,

- Zhen

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:18:36 -0400, Charlie Macchia  wrote: Site Tool Null
Pointer Exception @ Site Info -> Edit Tools menu Sakai 2.6 Is it just me?

 In Sakai 2.6, when I click on Site Info -> Edit Tools menu, nothing
happens in the UI;

 Odd, so I check the logs - I noticed a null pointer exception failing
loudly

 Here's the stack

 2009-09-12 23:07:17,989 WARN TP-Processor33
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction - Exception calling
method doMenu_edit_site_tools java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
(Caused by java.lang.NullPointerException)

at
 at

 What's especially odd is that in some sites, sometimes I have no
problems, in other sites, it does the above.

 Running Sakai 2.6 after an upgrade from 2.5 ( ran all the necessary SQL
scripts, they at least seemed to work fine ) it's on a very cute little Mac
Mini, running OSX 10.5.8, with MySQL 5.0.67 ( 32bit ); never had this issue
in Sakai 2.5

 Anybody else seen this?

 Regards,
 Charlie