[Building Sakai] Base64 encoding/decoding, commons-codec 1.4, and K1

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Fri Sep 11 09:23:32 PDT 2009

Seth Theriault wrote:

> It turns out that I failed to double-check my work. Two other
> files in kernel-util refer to the "Sakai" classes:
>
> kernel-util/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/util/BaseResourceProperties.java
> kernel-util/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/util/Xml.java
>
> The former has a single unused import, while the latter needs
> to usual CommonsCodecBase64 -> Base64 changes made.

For those following along, I have created a new Jira issue to
track the conversion from the "Sakai" CommonsCodecBase64 methods
to the Apache commons-code Base64 methods:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-270

It has 3 sub-tasks:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-257
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-271