[Building Sakai] AssignmentAction.readGradeForm -> readAllowResubmitParams? Alert "Accept submissions deadline set to be in the past"

will at serensoft.com will at serensoft.com
Thu Sep 10 10:49:59 PDT 2009

Short version:

We're running into a situation on 2.6.x where we get an error message
"Accept submissions deadline set to be in the past" when submitting
grades for an assignment that's already past the due- and
accept-until- dates. The assignment has been closed, why are we
getting an error that indicates we're editing the assignment itself?

Long version:

Looking in AssignmentAction.java in the readGradeForm method
(presuming this is what process the grade-a-submission web form) that
calls readAllowResubmitParams, which is the only place that error
message (tag "acesubdea4") is referred to:

// allow resubmit number and due time
if (params.getString("tempAllowResToggle") != null)
{
    if (params.getString(AssignmentSubmission.ALLOW_RESUBMIT_NUMBER) != null)
    {
        // read in allowResubmit params
        readAllowResubmitParams(params, state);
    }
}
else
{
    resetAllowResubmitParams(state);
}

The only other method that calls readAllowResubmitParams is
doSave_resubmission_option and that shouldn't be the culprit here.

So: why, when grading submissions, is it necessary to check
resubmission-count on the assignment? We're not editing the
assignment, we're grading the submissions...?

--
will trillich
"Tis the set of the sails / And not the gales / That tells the way we