[Building Sakai] Base64 encoding/decoding, commons-codec 1.4, and K1

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Fri Sep 11 09:00:48 PDT 2009

Seth Theriault wrote:

> Sorry for any confusion, please let me try to clarify: the
> "Sakai" classes are still there in K1 TRUNK because we haven't
> yet ripped them out of the Sakai 2.7/trunk code and replaced
> them with the straight commons-codec ones. K1 itself uses only
> the commons-codec classes (BasicAuth.java was the last
> remaining K1 code to use the "Sakai" ones).

It turns out that I failed to double-check my work. Two other
files in kernel-util refer to the "Sakai" classes:

kernel-util/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/util/BaseResourceProperties.java
kernel-util/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/util/Xml.java

The former has a single unused import, while the latter needs to
usual CommonsCodecBase64 -> Base64 changes made.

Mark, thanks for making me take a look at it again.

Seth