[Building Sakai] building nightly - kernel snapshot version issues

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Thu Oct 29 13:18:49 PDT 2009

Good catch.  When kernel 1.1.0-beta03 was released on 17 October 2009,
the trunk master pom <sakai.kernel.version> property should have been
incremented by 1.  It was not, hence the issue you spotted.  An
oversight, I reckon.

http://n2.nabble.com/Sakai-Kernel-1-1-0-beta03-released-td3840477.html

The steps should be

1) perform a K1 1.1.x release
2) update trunk master pom  <sakai.kernel.version> to latest 1.1
snapshot
3) when created, update the 2.7.x branch master pom
<sakai.kernel.version> property to latest 1.1 stable release
4) update the standard tool poms <sakai.kernel.version> as necessary
in the purepoms project.  A kernel 1.1 release will also require a
purepoms release.

I'll fix it trunk now and have a look at purepoms.

Cheers,

Anth