[Building Sakai] building nightly - kernel snapshot version issues

Speelmon, Lance Day lance at indiana.edu
Thu Oct 29 12:32:20 PDT 2009

I think there is an issue with the process by which the nightly instances get built.  The problem as I see it lies in the relationship between:
  sakai/master/pom.xml --> <sakai.kernel.version>1.1.0-beta03-SNAPSHOT</sakai.kernel.version>
and:
  kernel/pom.xml --> <version>1.1.0-beta04-SNAPSHOT</version>

So what does "nightly" really mean?  As it stands right now, we are building sakai/trunk against an older snapshot of kernel; i.e. 1.1.0-beta03-SNAPSHOT.  If you look at the attached shell script, it checks out and builds kernel, but because of the version mismatches, it does not actually use the kernel that gets built.

It seems to me that the nightly builds should be building and deploying the trunk version of BOTH sakai and kernel.  I am no maven expert, but is there a way to rectify this issue with minimal pain?  That is without rewriting the pom.xml files during the build?  Thanks, L