[Building Sakai] Assignment+Gradebook integration: "Save" grade

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Tue Oct 27 07:16:57 PDT 2009

Branden:

The inconsistency comes from both Assignment and Gradebook can save or
release the grades, and also the linked assignment in Gradebook can be
either internal Gradebook assignment or externally created assignment.

However, it doesn't seems right that Assignment tool tries to remove
Gradebook grades when instructor saves grade at Assignment tool side.

I listed the possible Assignment-Gradebook interactions in the following.

1. Linked to internal Gradebook assignment:

Gradebook Setting           release to student           not release to
student
Assignment save           Gradebook no action            Gradebook update
Assignment return         Gradebook  update              Gradebook update
Gradebook save            Assignment return              Assignment save

2. Linked to external Gradebook assignment:

Gradebook Setting           release to student           not release to
student
Assignment save             Gradebook no action          Gradebook update
Assignment release          Gradebook update             Gradebook update
NO GRADING FROM GRADEBOOK SIDE

Any suggestions? I plan to update code accordingly, once the svn server is
back again.

Thanks,

- Zhen