[Building Sakai] DRAFT: Installing git on Mac OS X

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Mon Oct 12 11:55:38 PDT 2009

Seriously. Forget out the purist "right way" and make the easy way the
obvious one. People are a lot less likely to give up and leave when
the instructions are not a mile long. Assume that people are busy and
looking at your project is not the most important thing in their lives
and they will thank you for it. Link to the more detailed stuff as
optional and recommended for the technically advanced.

Also, I have had zero issues with the binary version of git so far.
Not sure what all the issues you linked were about but this is my
experience.
-AZ