[Building Sakai] Continuum, Hudson, Bamboo or some other ci server app

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Thu Oct 1 09:14:54 PDT 2009

I do also prefer Hudson as I currently have a local setup with it
(previously tested Continuum). The plugin support is very good and, just to
add to the list, there is JIRA plugin and also a Sonar
<http://sonar.codehaus.org/>plugin which I found very usefull...
Nuno

2009/10/1 Matthew Buckett <matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk>

> On 1 Oct 2009, at 16:31, Anthony Whyte wrote:
>
> > I'd like to implement a continuous integration server in order to
> > perform automated builds, releases, etc..  I am interested in opinions
> > relative to the strength and weaknesses of Continuum, Hudson, Bamboo,
> > CruiseControl and any others the community may have experience in
> > using.  One important selection criterion would be to choose a system
> > that has a user base in the Sakai Community so that a pool of
> > experienced admins could be drawn on for advice, etc.  UCT has a
> > Continuum server running while Oxford, I believe, uses Hudson.
>
> Just to say we've been pretty happy with Hudson. We have it building a
> copy of our local deployment, K1, K2 and various other small projects.
> Previously we used cruisecontrol and hudson is in a different league
> in comparison, much easier to setup and much more flexible. There's a
> reasonably set of additional plugins (we use git, build timeout, green
> balls and jira ones).
>
> I tried continuum for a while and it worked reasonably well but hudson
> had the edge for me because of the git plugin.
>
> --
> Matthew Buckett
> VLE Developer, Learning Technologies Group

Nuno Fernandes  [www.linkedin.com/in/nfgrilo]
Software Developer - UFP-UV  [Universidade Virtual]
Software Developer - Sakai Foundation  [sakaiproject.org]
Sakai Fellow 2008 - Sakai Foundation  [
confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIF9AQ]

Universidade Fernando Pessoa  [www.ufp.pt]
Praça 9 de Abril, 349
4249-004 Porto
tel: + 351 22 507 13 00