[Building Sakai] Continuum, Hudson, Bamboo or some other ci server app

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Thu Oct 1 09:09:56 PDT 2009

Matthew Buckett wrote:
> On 1 Oct 2009, at 16:31, Anthony Whyte wrote:
>

>> I'd like to implement a continuous integration server in order to
>> perform automated builds, releases, etc..  I am interested in opinions
>> relative to the strength and weaknesses of Continuum, Hudson, Bamboo,
>> CruiseControl and any others the community may have experience in
>> using.  One important selection criterion would be to choose a system
>> that has a user base in the Sakai Community so that a pool of
>> experienced admins could be drawn on for advice, etc.  UCT has a
>> Continuum server running while Oxford, I believe, uses Hudson.
>>

> Just to say we've been pretty happy with Hudson. We have it building a
> copy of our local deployment, K1, K2 and various other small projects.
> Previously we used cruisecontrol and hudson is in a different league
> in comparison, much easier to setup and much more flexible. There's a
> reasonably set of additional plugins (we use git, build timeout, green
> balls and jira ones).

Awesome.  I would advocate not using the green balls plugin though.
Being red-green colorblind, I was overly thrilled when I found out that
at least one of the success/failure codes was neither green or red.

If you haven't used Hudson, the default Success Icon is Blue, and the
default Failure Icon is Red.  Actually, it might be green but I can't
tell. :p

-Steve