[Building Sakai] Continuum, Hudson, Bamboo or some other ci server app

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 1 09:09:41 PDT 2009

On 1 Oct 2009, at 16:31, Anthony Whyte wrote:

> I'd like to implement a continuous integration server in order to
> perform automated builds, releases, etc..  I am interested in opinions
> relative to the strength and weaknesses of Continuum, Hudson, Bamboo,
> CruiseControl and any others the community may have experience in
> using.  One important selection criterion would be to choose a system
> that has a user base in the Sakai Community so that a pool of
> experienced admins could be drawn on for advice, etc.  UCT has a
> Continuum server running while Oxford, I believe, uses Hudson.

Just to say we've been pretty happy with Hudson. We have it building a
copy of our local deployment, K1, K2 and various other small projects.
Previously we used cruisecontrol and hudson is in a different league
in comparison, much easier to setup and much more flexible. There's a
reasonably set of additional plugins (we use git, build timeout, green
balls and jira ones).

I tried continuum for a while and it worked reasonably well but hudson
had the edge for me because of the git plugin.

--
Matthew Buckett
VLE Developer, Learning Technologies Group