[Building Sakai] Redeploying implementation of a Sakai tool

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Thu Nov 26 01:38:09 PST 2009

You can also just do a mvn clean install sakai:deploy from the
webapp/tool which causes the new war to be deployed into the tomcat
webapps dir. Tomcat will detect the new war and shutdown the existing
webapp and then unpack the war and start the new one.

-AZ

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Daniel Merino
<daniel.merino at unavarra.es> wrote:
> There is a trick in Tomcat to avoid the restart after changing only a
> tool. It doesn't work always, but I use it with the most of the tools.
>
> touch  <TOMCAT-ROOT>/webapps/<TOOL>/WEB-INF/web.xml
>
> After that, you can see in the catalina.out that only that tool restarts
> and the changes are applied.
>
> Hope it helps.
> Regards.
>
> Anton Golubenko escribió:
>> Hello everyone!
>>
>> Is it possible to redeploy the implementation of my Sakai tool without
>> restarting Tomcat?
>> After "mvn clean install sakai:deploy" Tomcat seems to redeploy only
>> the war located in CATALINA_HOME\webapps not the
>> <my-tool-name>-impl.jar located in
>> CATALINA_HOME\components\<my-tool-name>-pack\WEB-INF\lib.
>> Unfortunately, a Tomcat restart after any code changing seriously
>> slows down the development.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anton Golubenko

> Daniel Merino
> daniel.merino at unavarra.es
> Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
> Tfno: 948-168489 - Universidad Pública de Navarra.

Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - University of Cambridge
https://twitter.com/azeckoski - http://www.linkedin.com/in/azeckoski
http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/ - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile