[Building Sakai] Eclipse Ganymede 3.4.2 - Anybody Using This For Sakai? ( the real post )

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 18 01:24:50 PST 2009

2009/11/18 Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>:
> Hi Charlie,
> Thats the way I do it and it works well for me. Saves having a billion
> projects in Eclipse. As for classpaths, your standard mvn eclipse:clean
> eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadJavadocs=true inside a project's directory should
> do the trick. Sometimes it's necessary to manually resolve some dependencies
> to keep Eclipse happy, which just means going Build Path > Configure Build
> Path > Add Variable > choose M2_REPO > Extend > Find the jar in your repo.

I also use this method with a variation, I rebuild some
submodules/project's eclipse files (eg cd portal; mvn eclipse:eclipse
eclipse:eclipse) but then import the whole sakai checkout into
Eclipse,. Then create a working set in eclipse for project that I am
working on.

In the package explorer I can then choose just to see one of the
working sets. To tidy up open projects I then select all the projects
in the working set and do "Close Unrelated Projects", as long as
you've rebuilt the eclipse .classpath files you end up with just the
working set open so elicpse remains fast.

My wish is for a mvn eclipse:workingset which would create the working
sets for me.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services