[Building Sakai] Course Management : CmSynchronizer JOB : File Size

Casey Dunn caseyd.stan at gmail.com
Fri May 15 10:00:17 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Kevin P. Foote <kpfoote at iup.edu> wrote:

> I'm not Casey but Ive looked over these and other docs in the past ..
>
> Not sure if this is what you're looking for but here ya go..
>

> http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~caseyd/Stanford_Integration<http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/%7Ecaseyd/Stanford_Integration>
>
> linked from
>

> http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/SAKDEV/Course+Management+Integration
>
> under the "Development approaches" section
>
> ------
> thanks
>  kevin.foote

Thanks Kevin,

I just made those pages 'publicly' viewable. I think.

Otherwise one has to log in to see them, and they are not indexed by the
emerging skynet thingies.

I shld flesh out my last few Stanford projects in there. hmm.

> On Thu, 14 May 2009, Thomas Amsler wrote:
>
> -> Casey,
> ->
> -> Do you guys have your CM update process documented somewhere, that
> -> accessible to the public?
> -> Best,
> -> -- Thomas

Thomas, those are a bit out of date. Are you more interested in how the XML
is created in the first place?

The central change is that CourseWork / Sakai is now receiving events for
changes in the upstream course data. The necessary hierarchy info,
departments, subjects, administrative areas, are built up as the changed
documents are consumed.

This allowed us to drop the requirement for the RIC feed.

However on human use terms the RIC feed was a great support resource as it
is the only online quickly grep / searchable document of Stanford's course
offerings. I believe it was still being generated.

I left Stanford about a year ago and formed an LLC. I then embarked on a
long project for Stanford. That project's now wrapped up, and I'm sniffing
around.