[Building Sakai] Course Management : CmSynchronizer JOB : File Size

Thomas Amsler tpamsler at ucdavis.edu
Fri May 15 14:43:42 PDT 2009

> Thomas, those are a bit out of date. Are you more interested in how the XML
> is created in the first place?

We are generally interested in how institutions populate the Sakai
internal CM tables.
- What modifications are mode to the synchronizer sample code?
- What modifications are made to the CM Hibernate Impl?
- How are the Sakai internal CM tables populated with the initial
large data set?
- How frequent CM tables are synchronized with SIS data and how long that takes?
- How well does the XML sync approach work?
- How well does the custom scripting sync approach work?
- Has anybody attempted to load data from SIS-DB to Sakai-CM-Tables
directly in SQL?

We have experimented with XML as well as custom groovy scripts that
use the CmAdmin API.