[Building Sakai] Webservices and hibernate sessions

Tommy Larsson Tommy.Larsson at umdac.umu.se
Wed May 13 22:57:45 PDT 2009

I have a question regarding the use of sakai webservices.

Were currently implementing our own cm-impl but until that is finished were using the webservices for site creations. Now to the problem.

First a user creates a site using the service, the site name is the long version from our ldap. Then the user logs in to sakai and edits the title and now both the term and teacher information get lost.

When the user logs on and selects the site from worksite setup the term is present but after selected and in the site information section the term Is missing.
If the user then edits the site the information is lost.

I assume this has something to do with hibernate sessions but I wonder if there is anything I can do to force the site to be reloaded in hibernate.
 As long the user waits a little longer before logging in and starting to edit the site we don't have a problem.

Any ideas?

Regards

Tommy Larsson